Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Cranky

Things are going okay today... although I didn't sleep very well last night. I woke up around 4 and couldn't go back to sleep until around 6. I hate this new trend. Anyway, I've had sort of an irritable morning... I've had to fight with literally every little thing just to get the simplest task done, and it's really annoying. Stupid stuff, like, I went out on the cliff to have some quiet time, and when I got out there, my book slipped off the chair and fell down the cliff to a place that's just out of reach. That kind of stuff. I'm sure it's all just meant to distract and annoy me.

And then there's homeschooling... that always starts my morning off in a really frustrating way. Right now, he would rather goof off than take school seriously, and I know, what do you expect from a 7-year-old? But getting into the habit of viewing me as teacher instead of mommy isn't coming easily. Every assignment is done with silly noises and goofy answers... reading from the reader in a silly voice, etc. I'm sure it will all fall into place with time, but for now, it's really stressing me out.

So I've had a rough day. We're going to see Van Halen tonight, so I'm hoping to sneak some time in for myself to be still and listen. Jesus, sustain me today. I need to hear Your voice.

Oh! I finished "White" last night, the third in the Ted Dekker circle trilogy. I loved all the books. I love Ted Dekker. The way he characterizes the heart of God for His people is beautiful. Ted has it all... action, suspense, mystery, philosophy, romance, you name it. It's great. I'm ready for the next adventure.

Okay, I'm outta here....

No comments: