Monday, September 27, 2004

Back in the saddle

I haven't blogged here in awhile... it's hard enough to keep mind the gap going, and this blog is secondary, but I want to change that.

The Lord has called me to a fast this week... I've been feeling it for a couple of weeks, but sometimes, I've learned, you have to consult your calendar to make sure you choose a good week. Last week was bad... we were out and about too much, and I would have been merely "starving for Jesus" instead of truly drawing near and listening. Anyway, so that's why I want to start this blog up again, just to document for myself what I hear this week. I'm pretty sure no one reads this blog anyway, so it's all good.

Also, we are going up to Youth Specialties in a week or so, and I'm really looking forward to it. I want to try and blog about what happens that week too.

But back to the fast... I'm seeking God particularly on the issues of LJG and fasting for some breakthroughs in my marriage, but I also feel really burdened to pray each day for specific kids in our group. Cool things are happening there, and I am so excited to see what God is going to do in their lives.

I have been worried about the future of LJG. It's been so discouraging because we have this great CD and nowhere to put it. Opportunities are drying up. I am frustrated because we're going through the same old crap with Borders -- not getting paid, etc., and I just don't know if I have the energy to chase our money down every day. It's so draining as an artist. And yet, we have $20,000 to pay back to our investors, and I really want to make that happen asap. I hate having that over our heads. So my question for 2 years has been, "God, what are You doing?" He knew we would have to pay these folks back, and the Bible says to owe no man, so what is the purpose of this? Beyond that, I believe that He's called us to this music thing. LJG has opened up so many hearts and has given us a platform for Him, and I just can't imagine that it's all over. So why the 2 1/2 year holding pattern? We have a great record. A GREAT record. Why isn't it doing anything? Where do we take it? What are we supposed to do?

So my prayer is for wisdom, for fresh inspiration because I'm at the point where I just want to forget the whole thing, for a release in the spiritual realm to be about what God has called us to do.

And this verse came today as I was reading my Bible: "No unbelief or distrust made him [Abraham, who, a few verses before, it says was "human reason for hope being gone"] waver (doubtingly question) concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God." Romans 4:20

And so, if Abraham, who was human reason for hope being gone, could believe in the promises of God, so can I. If he was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God, I believe that I will be, too.

Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet will I exult in the LORD
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The Lord GOD is my strength,
And He has made my feet like hinds' feet
And makes me walk on my high places.

For the choir director, on my stringed instruments.

Habakkuk 3:17-19

1 comment:

SweetSurrender said...

I don't know why I'm posting, except to say that something about what you wrote really moved me... When a creative art is your passion and your calling, it's sometimes hard to understand why things would happen to block, or divert, that energy. But I think the "life" that happens while we pursue our art is the life that ultimately is reflected in our art -- and eventually the message we get to share with the world.

I've always admired your patience and humbleness regarding your amazing talent. There is something innate, natural, and true, about your music that truly sets LJG apart from other bands out there. That light can flicker or seemingly fade in times of uncertainty and confusion. But I've always thought of it kind of like the moon -- waxing, waning, but always there. And just when the light's been dim too long, it grows bright again. Full.

I don't know why I felt the need to post this. Maybe as a humble offering to you, a creative person whose work I have always admired. Or maybe just as a reminder to myself, as I continue on my own journey, that faith and hard work will get us through.

God is there, at your shows. (As He is always with you). When that energy is visible to other people, when it's a tangible force in the room, it is such a comforting and awe-inspiring thing to witness.

Thank you for sharing that magic with us. God Bless you in all that you do.

With love,

Sarah