Monday, November 01, 2004

Home again...

I am home... I did a women's retreat this weekend for Cibolo Creek, and it was so fun. What a fun group of women! I love that they are so down-to-earth and real. It makes for an easy time for me as the worship leader. And, as always, the speaker, Debbie Dittrich, was amazing. I love her and love being able to work with her. This is our third retreat together, and I hope we get to do many more. She is so inspiring.

I am currently reading (among the 14 others) a book called "Calvinism in the Las Vegas Airport." I am -- have always been -- fascinated and attracted to Reformation theology, and yet parts of Calvinism seem so harsh (on the surface, mainly). But I tend to snatch up any books I can find on the subject, and this one just came in a couple of weeks ago. It's sort of like "Mere Christianity" for Calvinists. Mouw, the author, explores how Calvinism can be relevant in today's society -- say, in the Las Vegas airport in a conversation with a stranger -- when most of its tenets were written out centuries ago. I'm only a couple chapters in, so I'll post my thoughts as I progress.

I am so ADD when it comes to books. My problem is that there are too many I want to read. I am voracious with them, and I came home from Dallas with a list of "must-reads" that I also have waiting for me.

It's raining. It's cold! Happy times. Fall is here. I heard it may freeze this weekend (!).... what is that about?

Tomorrow is election day. I wil not obsess. I will trust in God. He is in control.

:)

5 comments:

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynne said...

I'm curious. What are your must-reads? I'm always looking for a new book.

Lynne said...

Sarah, Your music is just incredible. God has given you a beautiful voice and he is thrilled (I suspect) that you are using it and not letting it waste. I happened upon your blog and thought that you are such a artistic woman that needs a new type of blog look. My sister n'law, who is also a worship leader and has just produced her first worship CD is also an amazing blog designer. Her site is www.yvonneparks.com or her blog is www.yvonneparks.blogspot.com I just can't get over how beautiful your voice is. God bless you and hope you haven't completely lost the love for blogging. Take care.

llanin said...

no new blogs.... why?

L.L. Barkat said...

Oh, did you know that Marcus Goodyear gave me the ADD reader award? Looks like I have a partner in distractibility here!

Thanks for stopping by Seedlings. I loved your album, what I heard of it online and had wanted to get it for my daughter. As for the cello, we lost our cello teacher (which my daughter was not too sad about). So I've got this lovely cello that is currently sitting in the corner... waiting.